Eachine, the Chinese drone manufacturer offers a wide range of RTF-BNF-FPV products (see Drones – Acronyms & Terms), for expert and novice dronists. In fact, its website can be found from drones for free time, to drones for racing, to model airplanes and finally to helicopters.
In this article, we will focus our attention on a small racing drone Eachine Viswhoop (BNF), which also offers the possibility of piloting in FPV.
The rating assigned by the experts to Eachine Viswhoop, based on design, performance, specifications and connectivity, is 8.5 out of 10, divided as follows:
For information on drone racing read the blog article “FPV Drone racing – Sport with drones“. For info and details on the characteristics of racing drones see the Blog article “Drone for racing – The features“.
Viswhoop – The specs
As mentioned, the Eachine Viswhoop is a BNF – Bind and Fly – drone, that must be connected to some components in order to fly. In general, this designation refers to drones without a flight controller, which must be purchased separately and / or batteries. In this case the Eachine Viswhoop lacks receiver and batteries, and DJI viewer. It does not have to be assembled.
With its weight of 124 grams without battery, the Eachine Viswhoop, is a racing quadcopter, which has a flight time of 6 minutes, and is characterized by a wheelbase of 130 mm and with dimensions of: 170 mm x 105 mm x 32 mm. The technical characteristics are as follows:
- Model: EX1204
- KV: KV5000
- Configuration: 9N12P
- Stator Diamter: 15mm
- Stator Length: 4mm
- Shaft Diameter: Φ1.5mm
- Motor Dimension (Dia. xLen): Φ15mm x 15mm
- Weight (gr.): 4,5 gr.
ESC (Electronic Speed Control)
- MCU upgraded to EFM8BB21
- Power supply: 2-4S LiPo/LiPo HV (7v/17v)
- Current: 10A continuous peak 12A (5 seconds)
- Support BLHeliSuite programmable
- Factory firmware: F_H_40_REV16_7.HEX
- Default protocol: DSHOT600.
- MCU:STM32F411CEU6 (100MHZ, 512K FLASH)
- Sensor: MPU-6000(SPI connection)
- Board size: 28.5 x 28.5mm
- Power supply: 2-4S battery input (DC 8V-17V)
- Built-in 10A(each) Blheli_S 4in1 ESC Dshot600 ready
- Built-in Frsky D8/D16 SPI receiver
- Built-in 2.4G Power Amplification
- Built-in Betaflight OSD (SPI Control)
- Built-in Current meter Max 70A
- Built-in 5V 1.5A BEC
- Built-in voltage detection.
DJI FPV Camera
- Sensor: 1/3″ CMOS
- Pixel: 4 Mp
- Lens: 2.1mm f/2.1
- ISO: 100-25600
- FOV: 150° (D); 122° (H); 93° (V).
- Brand: Caddx
- Name: Vista Kit
- Operative Frequency: 5.725-5.850GHz
- Transmitter power (EIRP): FCC/SRRC/MIC: <30dBm, CE: <14dBm
- Min. Latency (end-to-end): Low Latency Mode(720p 120fps): 21-28ms, High Quality
- Mode (720p 60fps): 30-40ms
- Max. Transmission Distance: FCC/SRRC: 4km, CE: 0.7km
- I/O Interface: USB-C,IPEX,3-in-1 Port, microSD card slot
- Supported Flight Control System: F3,F4,F7.
Peculiarities Eachine Viswhoop
Although Eachine Viswhoop is an entry level drone for racing, the drone has peculiarities that make it suitable also for experts in this sport who want a drone to practice.
Equipped with a Caddx Vista camera, it is compatible with DJI digital headphones, which allows you to drive with defect-free images. Eachine Viswhoop does not have HD recording devices on board. The device can be controlled with the DJI radio control or with a FrSky D8 or D16 radio control.
In fact, the Eachine Viswhoop is quite powerful, and can be used to practice. The drone is in fact:
- Fast, versatile and maneuverable
- Well built
- Eachine is well equipped with spare parts and / or components.
Do not underestimate the fact that the Eachine Viswhoop is equipped with built-in para-props and mounts Gemfan Flash 2540 propellers.
Inside the box
As stated by Eachine, the Viswhoop racing quadcopter package contains:
- 1 130 mm frame kit
- 1 x F4 Flight Controller toothpick
- 4 x NC1204 KV5000 3-4S motors
- 8 x 3-blade Gemfan 2540 propellers (4x CW, 4x CCW)
- 1 x Caddx Vista VTX
- 1 x DJI FPV camera
- 1 x 2.5 inch propeller protection.
Note regarding the images: The photos of the Eachine Viswhoop drone, shown in the article, are taken from the Eachine website, which is the rightful owner. The use of the images has the exclusive purpose of a better understanding of the content of the article.
Last Updated on/Ultimo aggiornamento – 20/07/2020