Eachine Novice III
Eachine, for those unfamiliar with the brand, it is a Chinese drone manufacturer that offers a wide range of RTF-BNF-FPV products (see Drones – Acronyms & Terms), for all needs. From leisure drones, to racing drones, to model airplanes and finally helicopters.
In this article, we will focus our attention on racing drones and in particular on a Eachine Novice III (RTF) model, which also offers the possibility of piloting in FPV.
For information on drone racing read the blog article “FPV Drone racing – Sport with drones“. For info and details on the characteristics of racing drones see the Blog article “Drone for racing – The features“.
The rating assigned by the experts to Eachine Novice III, based on design, performance, specifications and connectivity is 8.8 out of 10, divided as follows:
Novice III – The specs
As mentioned, the Eachine Novice III is a drone Ready To Fly (RTF), that is, complete with all components (radio control, batteries, antenna, etc.) and is ready to be used, without the need to be assembled. The drone is available in two versions RTF and Fly more, which differ in the additional equipment. The characteristics of the drone are the same.
With its weight of 62 grams without battery (104 grams including battery), the Eachine Novice III is a racing quadcopter, characterized by a 135 mm wheelbase and with dimensions of: 115 mm x 110 mm x 40 mmm. The flight time of Eachine Novice III is approximately 10 minutes with a battery pack. The technical specs are as follows:
Motors (4 motors)
- Model: EX1203
- KV: KV5500
- Configuration: 9N12P
- Stator Diamter: 15mm
- Stator Length: 3mm
- Shaft Diameter: Φ1.5mm
- Motor Dimension (Dia. xLen): Φ15mm x 15mm
- Weight (gr.): 4,5 gr.
ESC (Electronic Speed Control)
- MCU upgraded to EFM8BB21
- Power supply: 2-4S LiPo/LiPo HV (7v/17v)
- Current: 10A continuous peak 12A (5 seconds)
- Support BLHeliSuite programmable
- Factory firmware: F_H_40_REV16_7.HEX
- Default protocol: DSHOT600.
- MCU:STM32F411CEU6 (100MHZ, 512K FLASH)
- Sensor: MPU-6000(SPI connection)
- Board size: 28.5 x 28.5mm
- Power supply: 2-4S battery input (DC 8V-17V)
- Built-in 10A(each) Blheli_S 4in1 ESC Dshot600 ready
- Built-in Frsky D8/D16 SPI receiver
- Built-in 2.4G Power Amplification
- Built-in Betaflight OSD (SPI Control)
- Built-in Current meter Max 70A
- Built-in 5V 1.5A BEC
- Built-in voltage detection.
- Sensore: 1/3″ CMOS
- 1200 TVL
- lens: 2.1 mm
- Image size: 4:3
- Global WDR
- Internal Synchronization.
VTX & DVR
- Output power: 25~400mw switchable
- Frequency: 40CH
- Input voltage: 3.3V 5.5V
- Current consumption: 400mA
- Antenna: RG178 antenna
- Frequency: 5.8GHz 5bands 40 channels
- Smartaudio ready
- Weight: 3.4 grs.
- Modello: Eachine
- Channels: 8
- Mode: Mode 2
- Firmware: OPENTX 2.19
- Working voltage:7.4v~12v
- Frsky D8 receiver compatible
- Distance: >1000m
- Size: 200 x 150 x 80 mm.
Eachine EV800 goggles
- Screen size: 5.0 inch
- Screen resolution: 800 x 480 (No blur after enlarge by the lens)
- Screen brightness: 600cd/m2 with special high brightness backlight LED for outdoor FPV
- View Angle: 140/120 degree(Horizontal/Vertical)
- 3x boost of the video to acquire intense feel-in-there video
- 92% transparent rate no distort of light
- Built-in 3.7V/2000mAh battery (with around 3.5hr working time x battery).
Peculiarities Eachine Novice III
Although it is indicated as an entry level racing drone, the Eachine Novice III drone has peculiarities that make it suitable also for non-beginners of this sport.
In fact, the Eachine Novice III, in addition to being performing, is well designed, and can be used in racing drone races with good satisfaction, in consideration of the fact that the drone is:
- Fast, versatile and highly manoeuvrable
- Allows FPV flight per race
- Solid and well built (the camera is protected by the frame)
- Eachine is well equipped with spare parts and/or components.
Finally, do not overlook the excellent quality/price ratio of the drone both for the RTF version and for the Fly more version.
The RTF package includes the Eachine Novice III drone, radio control, googles, charger, four propellers, 2 batteries with an XT30 connector, and briefcase (price $ 235.00 on Banggood).
The Fly More package is similar, but there are 6 batteries instead of 2 with an XT30 connector, the remote control, the googles, four propellers and briefcase (price $ 260.00 on Banggood).
Note on the images: The photos of the Eachine Novice III drone, shown in the article, are taken from the Eachine website, which is its most legitimate owner. The use of the images is exclusively for the purpose of a better understanding of the contents of the article.